Monday, March 5, 2012

NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH - Question? Would you have revealed the source? Why?

The Movie Nothing But the Truth was a very compelling story about a journalist and what she would go through to not reveal her source for an article that would    receive admiration from fellow journalists, but at what cost.

Would I personally reveal my source?  As I was watching the movie, I was drawn to reveal my source, as she was loosing time with her child, and her husband for months on end.  I kept wondering, would it really be worth all the pain and agony being away from my own family to keep my word and not reveal the source for my story.  I kept saying, that I definitely would have folded long before the heroine in the story.  Especially when she found out that the schmuck she was married to was cheating on her.  She still held her ground.  I was amazed at the fact that even being beaten in prison and having her ex-husband take her child from her didn't get her to reveal the source.

I knew that I would not have been able to be as strong as she was, I would have cracked somewhere along the line, but I thought that I might change my mind once we finally found out who her source was.  Knowing that you were protecting another child, may have changed my mind, and I hope that I could have sustained what she went through to save this child from disgrace and agony, knowing that she (the child) sharing what she did, may have been the reason her mother was killed.  

I really cannot say exactly what I would have done.  Knowing the pain my own child was going through, may have outweighed my desire to save the feelings of another child.  I really cannot say that I know exactly what I would have done.

1 comment: